Dr. Gary Chapman’s book, The Five Love Languages, explains that love can be expressed in five powerful ways. Download this Faith Talk HERE for a brief overview or refer to his book for greater insight. (The book is available in the Bellevue Bookstore or Library.) Dr. Chapman’s five love languages are listed below.
- Physical Touch
- Acts of Service
- Words of Affirmation
- Quality Time
Consider the following Low/No Cost suggestions to express love to your wife:
- Create coupons for your wife. Ideas could include coupons for:
- Hugs and back rubs
- A favorite meal prepared together
- A night off from all kitchen chores
- Verbalize qualities that initially attracted you to your wife as well as qualities you currently admire. Encourage your wife in the activities and hobbies that she enjoys.
- Send an hourly email or text to your wife on Valentine’s Day. Include links to songs, poems, Bible verses, or your own personalized love note.
- Think of twelve creative, low-cost dates and organize them into a decorated box, one date for each month of the year. Suggestions include:
- Bake cookies together.
- Walk around the neighborhood or to a nearby park.
- Take a trip to the zoo on a free entrance day.
- Movie night at home after the kid’s bedtime.
- Print two copies of your wedding vows and insert them into matching frames. Discuss your special day while looking through your wedding pictures. Watch a video of your ceremony, if you have one, and repeat your vows to each other.
- Surprise your spouse with a foot washing! Fill a dishpan with hot water, bath oil, and a fragrance. After washing, massage a fragrant lotion into her feet. Share your desire to serve her by asking; “What can I help you with this week?”
Download the complete Faith Talk HERE.