Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but whoever takes crooked paths will be found out. - Proverbs 10:9
Lacking INTEGRITY = Losing INFLUENCE Can people trust your heart? Six Practical Steps to Living and Leading with Integrity
- Make sure what you do when no one is LOOKING is pleasing to God.
- LIVE by the same STANDARDS that you expect of others.
- Be fully COMMITTED to HONESTY.
- Keep your HEART tender to the prompts of the HOLY SPIRIT.
- Keep your THOUGHT-LIFE in check. Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. – Philippians 4:8
- Lead from a POSITION of HUMILITY.
Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. – James 4:7-8
Practical Conduct Policies to Consider
- Never be alone with the opposite gender....without someone being aware and close.
- Keep the door cracked if meeting with someone of the opposite gender.
- Get to know the parent before you get to know the student/minor.
- Never ride alone with just one other minor (without parents approval and continued knowledge) and never with someone alone of the opposite gender.
- Don’t say anything on social media that you wouldn’t say to anyone in public.
- Be careful who you “friend” on social media.
- “Be aware of “innocent” flirting....for there is no such thing.”–C.S.Lewis
- Make individual encouragement to the opposite gender public.
- If married, tell your spouse about social encounters with the opposite gender.10.Don’t share pains, frustrations, etc. about your spouse/special someone alone with the opposite gender.