Things you will need:
- Schedule a dinner or coffee date.
- Read Love and Respect by Emerson Eggerichs or watch videos by Emerson Eggerichs on “Love and Respect in Marriage” available through the Bellevue Library.
- Each spouse should answer the questions on this card prior to your discussion time.
Faith Talk: Reflect on past dates and share some of your favorite memories. Include both before and after marriage dates.
- Describe the location, atmosphere, and activity.
- What is your favorite memory?
- Did the date include serious conversation or funny activity, etc.?
- Could you plan a repeat of your favorite date?
Date Night discussion guide helps couples become more intentional about meeting their spouse’s greatest need.
HUSBANDS: Read aloud Ephesians 5:25–28 and answer the following:
- Do you agree that your wife’s primary marital need is to be cherished by you?
- How do you try to show her sacrificial love?
- What are two to three ways she needs you to show love that you might find difficult?
- What do you think your wife would say if you invited her to offer a few “baby-step” suggestions on ways you could better meet her needs?
WIVES: Read aloud Ephesians 5:22–24 and answer the following:
- Do you agree that your husband needs to feel respected?
- How do you try to show you admire and respect him?
- What are two or three things he would appreciate but that might be more difficult for you to do?
- What do you think your husband would say if invited to offer a few “baby-step” suggestions on ways you could better meet his needs?
TOGETHER: Read aloud Ephesians 5:31–33. Plan and schedule your next date night. Pray together. Ask God to help your marriage model the relationship between Christ and His Bride.