Discover how discipleship will change you, your future, and those around you. Whether you are interested in joining the discipleship process or leading others in it, register to join a group with whom you can connect, pray, and dive deep into God’s Word.
For more information, contact:
Minister of Evangelism and Discipleship
A word on Discipleship
A Word on Discipleship: Soldier
The latest video in “A Word on Discipleship” series. Being a solider of Christ is following your Lord and fulfilling your calling. ‘The Lord is a warrior; the Lord is his name. ‘ Exodus 15:3
More in this series
A Word on Discipleship: Joy
A Word on Discipleship: Labor
A Word on Discipleship: Obedience
A Word on Discipleship: Freedom
A Word on Discipleship: Intentional
A Word on Discipleship: Pursuing
A Word on Discipleship: Living
A Word on Discipleship: Responsibility
What is Discipleship?
Bellevue’s mission is to Love God, Love People, Share Jesus, and Make Disciples.
Intentional—Disciple making is an intentional process of seeing Christians come to maturity. Maturity is not merely an accumulation of knowledge, but rather a life of joyful, obedient devotion
Transforming—Discipleship transforms you in to the person Christ has called you to be. D.L. Moody said, “You can draw a man no closer to Christ than where you are.” In a disciple-making relationship, personal godliness becomes a reality.
Relational—There are no lone rangers in the Body of Christ. We are called to be accountable to other Christians as we develop meaningful relationships with Jesus and others.Christ-Centered—Disciple making is all about becoming more like Jesus and obeying Him.
Bible-based—You will be challenged to dig deeper into God’s Word as you take in Scripture regularly. There are no shortcuts to godliness.
Our Disciple-Making Process
- Meeting weekly with a group of 3 or 4 people.
- Reading through the Bible in a year and sharing what God is saying to you.
- Memorizing Bible verses that relate to the weekly study.
- Reading four books and discussing what God is teaching you.
- Learn how to share Christ with others.
- Experience a loving, encouraging, challenging fellowship with others.
Resources for Disciple-Making Group Leaders
- Intro week
- Week 1–11: Study guides are located at the end of each chapter in the book, Discipleship: Then and Now.
- Week 12
- Week 13
- Week 14
- Week 15 and 16
- Week 17
- Week 18
- Week 19
- Week 20
- Week 21
- Weeks 22–26: Study guides are located at the end of each chapter in the book, The Road to Somewhere (Disciplines of a Disciple).
- Week 27
- Week 28
- Week 29
- Week 30
- Week 31
- Week 32
- Week 33
- Week 34
- Week 35
- Weeks 36–43: Study guides are located at the end of each chapter in the book, Leading in Faith.
- Week 44: Celebration, prayer, and commissioning
- Scripture Memory Verses
- Meeting God in His Word
- Following Jesus — Cultivating People for Discipleship
- Meeting God in His Word
- Share Your Testimony
- Chronological Bible Discipleship Plan (Women Only)
- 2019 Discipleship Rally audio files:
How to Take Attendance for Discipleship Groups Using the Bellevue App
Learn how to take attendance for your Discipleship Group by watching this helpful video!