To assist the Property Manager in the daily aspects of on-site management and operations for the community at which they are employed. On occasion, the absence of the Property Manager will make it necessary to assume the manager’s responsibilities.
Assist the Property Manager to maintain physical assets
- Assist in directing and supervision of staff
- Assist in inspecting the physical exterior and interior
- Make recommendations for necessary improvements
- Other duties as assigned, which employee is capable of performing
Marketing and Leasing
- Maintain current knowledge of area competition and market surveys.
- Make periodic reports to the Manager after making visits to surrounding competition properties
- Complete or supervise completion and accuracy of weekly activity reports
- Complete or supervise completion and accuracy of all rental applications and recording of all rental and leasing information
- Assist Manager in training of any personnel
- Assist Property Manager in the reporting, assigning, and recording of all resident requests
- Assisting Manager in the implementation of resident renewal and retention programs
- Assist Manager in handling resident requests and in communicating with the residents
- Responsible for the collection, receipting, and recording of all rents
- Collection of all delinquent rents
- Completion and accuracy of all month sending reports on income and lease analysis.
- Daily recording and reporting of all bank deposits
- Collection of all NSF payments
- Legal filing for delinquent accounts and follow-through until eviction complete under Manager’s direction
- Prepare “first-run” annual budget preparation
- Prepare purchase orders
- Approves and prepares invoices for payment
- Approves all timesheets for the property
- Prepare and distribute the monthly financial reports, including cash flow projection and budget distribution reports for all departments
- Oversee the accounting function of Bellevue Woods and prepare monthly financials
- Establishes and communicates policies and procedures for the department
- Implements control to safeguard cash and other assets
- Prepare annual financial budget
- Prepare construction related reports
- Monthly reconcile bank statements
- Work with independent auditor in preparation and completion of annual certified audit as it relates specifically to Bellevue Woods
- Interface with departmental directors to provide information, assistance, and other services as it related to financial accounting
- Responsible for accurate and timely payment of accounts payable
- Monitors church compliance with all tax regulations
- Serve as the point of contact for the payroll/HR department to coordinate accurate reporting of taxable fringe benefits for eligible employees (rent, utilities, etc.)
- Prepare annual 1099s for independent contract
High School Diploma or equivalent
This individual will require the ability to interact with other employees and demonstrate good communication skills. Must be able to take directions and corrections from supervisors and demonstrate the ability to improve from such instances.
This individual will require strong communication and people skills. Must be able to deal with all types of personalities in both positive and negative situations. This individual must be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in interacting with residents.
This individual must be able to demonstrate above-average accounting and budgeting skills and an ability to understand all aspects of the financial responsibilities of budgeting, accounting, and expense control.
Marketing and Advertising
This individual must demonstrate the ability to ascertain the current market status and develop an interest in developing new marketing and leasing strategies.
This individual must be able to assume managerial responsibilities in the absence of the manager and must have a working knowledge of all Managerial duties and responsibilities.
This individual must maintain a professional appearance with the flexibility to work on the property with other employees, residents, and prospective residents.
This individual must be able to remain at a task until completed yet flexible to handle disruptions common to the daily routine. They need to demonstrate intensity while at a monotonous routine with a consistent and pleasant disposition.
This individual will need to demonstrate the ability to make decisions when the situation requires immediate resolution.
This individual will need to be outgoing and express and demonstrate warmth, affection, and interest in other individuals and their feelings.
They will need to assert themselves, when necessary, in a manner that is not demeaning or demoralizing to those with whom they are dealing.
This individual will need to display trust in others and give the benefit of the doubt until they are proven wrong.
- Previous experience in leasing/property management in a multifamily environment
- 3 to 5 years of bookkeeping, budgeting, banking, account receivables, account payables, and Microsoft Excel
- Prior experience with Yardi preferred
- Provide excellent customer service and the ability to build rapport with tenants, staff and vendors at all times
- Microsoft Office, Word, Excel & Outlook
- Highly motivated and detail-oriented
- Organized; ability to multitask and quickly adapt to change
- Ability to respond 24 hours a day to emergency situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.