Provide copyediting support and write original content for Bellevue’s communications, both digital and print, produced by the Media Department.
Lead editing and proofing for content supported or produced by Bellevue’s Media Department to:
- communicate Bellevue’s vision and voice to internal and external audiences
- provide clear understanding to the reader/viewer
- well represent Bellevue’s Brand Style Guide
- feature optimum grammar
Organize, mentor, and oversee a team of volunteer copyeditors, and manage outsourcing as needed for larger jobs.
- Effectively and efficiently provide grammar and styling direction on Media proofs.
- Develop content for all publications and advertising materials.
- Develop promotions to attract both external and internal audiences.
- Provide input for graphic design projects and external marketing materials.
- Provide guidance for the image and voice of the church.
- Effectively and efficiently meet deadlines.
- Write content as assigned.
- Maintain a consistent writing voice across various media platforms that properly represents Bellevue.
High School Graduate. Higher level education preferred.
Specific Experience Required:
- Writing for publication
- Generally technically savvy, computer literacy, and social media awareness
Specific Skills Required:
- Excellent use and application of grammar
- Ability to work efficiently in high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Attention to details
- Can learn and then write with a consistent brand voice
- Some marketing or strategic communications experience ideal
- Driven to learn independently
- Strong work ethic
- Fantastic time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Creative thinker
- Good organization and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Proficient use of the Internet
- Great interpersonal skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Be able to work independently or as part of a team to complete assignments
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.