Consider this date night discussion on your spouse’s greatest need.
- Schedule a dinner or coffee date with your spouse.
- Watch a few of Dr. Emerson Eggerichs’ videos (available in Bellevue’s Library or Bookstore or on YouTube).
- Each spouse should answer the questions below prior to your planned date night.
During The Date
Considering both before-marriage and after-marriage dates, reflect on some of your favorite times together. Enjoy the memories of your favorite dates while reflecting on these thoughts.
- Discuss the location, atmosphere, and activity.
- What made each one memory a favorite date night, and what makes the memories so special?
- Did your favorite date include conversation, physical activity, or experiencing something new together?
- Would it be possible to a recreate your favorite date while making new memories?
Complete the appropriate category of questions prior to your date night discussion.
Read Ephesians 5:25–28 and answer the following:
- Do you agree with Dr. Eggerichs that your wife’s primary marital need is to be cherished by you?
- What are some ways you try to show her sacrificial love and prioritize her above yourself?
- What are 2–3 ways she needs or prefers that you show love to her but that you might find difficult?
- What do you think your wife would say if invited to offer a few “baby step” suggestions on better meeting her needs?
Read Ephesians 5:22–24 and answer the following:
- Do you agree that your husband needs to feel respected?
- What are some ways you try to show that you admire and respect him?
- What are 2–3 things he would appreciate as respectful but that might be more difficult for you to do?
- What do you think your husband would say if invited to offer a few “baby step” suggestions on better meeting his need for respect?
Read Ephesians 5:31–33. Ask God to help your marriage model the relationship between Christ and His Bride as you grow in mutual expressions of love and respect.
CLICK HERE for a printable file of this complete date night Faith Talk.