Things you will need:
- Schedule a dinner or coffee date.
- Read Love and Respect by Emerson Eggerichs or watch videos by Emerson Eggerichs on “Love and Respect in Marriage” available through the Bellevue Library.
- Each spouse should answer the questions on this card prior to your discussion time.
Reflect on past dates and share some of your favorite memories. Include both before and after marriage dates.
- Describe the location, atmosphere, and activity.
- What is your favorite memory?
- Did the date include serious conversation or funny
- Could you plan a repeat of your favorite date?
Date Night discussion guide helps couples become more intentional about meeting their spouse’s greatest need.
Read aloud Ephesians 5:25–28 and answer the following:
- Do you agree that your wife’s primary marital need is to be cherished by you?
- How do you try to show her sacrificial love?
- What are two to three ways she needs you to show love that you might find difficult?
- What do you think your wife would say if you invited her to offer a few “baby-step” suggestions on ways you could better meet her needs?
Read aloud Ephesians 5:22–24 and answer the following:
- Do you agree that your husband needs to feel respected?
- How do you try to show you admire and respect him?
- What are two or three things he would appreciate but that might be more difficult for you to do?
- What do you think your husband would say if invited to offer a few “baby-step” suggestions on ways you could better meet his needs?
Read aloud Ephesians 5:31–33.
Plan and schedule your next date night. Pray together. Ask God to help your marriage model the relationship between Christ and His Bride.