HOW TO HELP
HOW YOU CAN HELP DURING COVID-19
HOW TO HELP
OUR RESPONSE TO COVID-19
How can you Serve Out with Bellevue?
How To Help…
As Bellevue loves the city of Memphis during this time, we want you to be equipped to do what you can to meet the needs of others.
Before considering helping those in the community, please review the Current TN COVID-19 Restrictions:
Bellevue is answering the call to Share Jesus
throughout the world until Jesus comes back.
God is equipping our body of believers with a variety of resources and opportunities to help you get involved to be a catalyst for spiritual awakening in Memphis and beyond.
MEETING THE NEEDS OF OUR CHURCH MEMBERS AND COMMUNITY
GOOD NEIGHBOR CHALLENGE
Now more than ever, we have the opportunity to love our neighbors. Within your sphere of influence, what needs can you meet? How can you be a Good Neighbor? We don’t have to wait until the end of social distancing to Love Memphis, we can love our city now—separate but together. Here are some ideas to get you started on how you can be a Good Neighbor and Love Memphis Like It Matters. God has given each of us specific gifts and talents, and now is the time to share them!
MEET PHYSICAL NEEDS
- Give someone a gas or grocery card.
- Give someone a gift card to a local restaurant or deliver food directly to their house.
- Offer to mow your neighbor’s lawn or help with yard work.
MEET EMOTIONAL NEEDS
- Call, email, or text a friend or family member that may be lonely or isolated during this time.
- If you have the means, schedule a virtual face-to-face call through FaceTime or Zoom with a friend or family member.
- Think creatively: deliver flowers, baked goods, or an encouraging letter to a neighbor.
MEET SPIRITUAL NEEDS
- Call a friend or family member with the intention and a plan to have a Gospel conversation.
- Include Scripture in a letter or text you send to someone.
- Use chalk to write encouraging Scripture on the sidewalk outside of your house for people to see when they walk by.
- Invite someone to join you in watching the Sunday Worship Service online.
- Ask people for their prayer requests and then pray for them!
MINISTRY TO THE HEALTH COMMUNITY
CONTRIBUTE TO MASK SUPPLY
Contribute to Mask Supply
In light of the CDC’s recommendation for individuals to use cloth face coverings to help slow the spread of COVID-19, Bellevue has become a collection site for masks that will be distributed throughout the city to healthcare workers.
- If you are willing and able to help serve healthcare workers through creating protective equipment, click here for instructions. Also, click here to view an example photo.
- If you have any questions, please email Paula Greene (email@example.com).
- Return finished masks to Bellevue’s Information Desk located in the West Lobby. The church is open 5am-5pm Monday-Thursday.
SERVING WITH BELLEVUE
- Pray for individuals suffering from sickness (Isaiah 41:10; Joel 2:12-13)
- Pray for vulnerable populations: elderly, individuals with chronic diseases, and those suffering from financial hardship. (3 John 1:2)
- Pray for our local, state, and federal governments, that God would give them wisdom and discernment during these times of decision making. (1 Tim. 2:1-4)
- Pray for our Church Leadership, that God would give them wisdom and discernment during these times of decision making. (Col. 1:9)
- Pray that the Church would be the Church during this time, that we would have faith in the Lord’s sovereign control. (Rom. 12:12; Col. 4:2)
- Pray for the Christian Missionaries throughout the world, that God would protect them, give them courage to minister and speak the good news of Jesus Christ in strategic and creative ways. (Psalms 112:6-7; Phil. 4:19; Psalm 126:5-6)
- Pray for workers and a variety of industries facing layoffs and financial hardship. (Gen. 22:9-10).
- Pray for the homeless, that God would provide for their needs. (Gen. 22:9-10; Pro. 14:31)
- Pray for Chrisitans in every neighborhood, community, and city: May the Holy Spirit ignite the hearts of the church to pray, to give, to love, and the gospel to be proclaimed to people that need to hear. (Jeremiah 29:7)
- Pray that Christ would be glorified during this time. (Col. 1:16-20)
HELPFUL COVID-19 INFORMATION FROM OTHER LOCAL SOURCES
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
Acts 1:8 (NASB)