Culinary Ministry AssistantCulinary
The employee will assist the Culinary Manager in administrative tasks, assist in the planning and execution of ministry luncheons, dinners, special events, and weddings, work with the Hospitality Coordinator for all billing and account transfers for Culinary, and carry out all other administrative duties pertaining to Culinary Ministry.
- Develop and create work orders for Culinary Ministry.
- Maintain the Culinary calendar and provide information to Culinary staff of weekly culinary needs for all ministries.
- Work closely with the Hospitality Coordinator on all accounting transfers, spreadsheets, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
- Create invoices for all events related to Culinary.
- Communicate with the Front-of-House Supervisor all room setup needs.
- Manage eSPACE approvals, and input and maintain events on the food services calendar.
- Assist the Culinary Manager as the liaison between ministries, community organization banquets, dinners, receptions, and other similar events involving Culinary food services.
- Complete new hire paperwork for Culinary Ministry.
- Create a weekly time schedule for Culinary staff.
- Complete administrative tasks in support of the Culinary Manager.
- Maintain communication with Culinary volunteers for event support.
- Hire servers for banquets and events when needed.
- Provide a positive, God-centered, welcoming environment for staff, volunteers, and guests.
- As a member of the Culinary team, the incumbent is expected to support the efforts of the department even when assignments may fall outside of the job description.
Areas of high noise levels and active production with high traffic. Some long hours are required periodically. The employee will work closely with Culinary staff, church members, and volunteers.
Full time; 40 hours per week
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Specific Experience Required:
Computer skills, including in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Customer service, clerical, and office experience. Great communication skills. Service industry experience.
Specific Skills Required:
Reading, basic mathematics, computer literacy, communication skills, the ability to follow specific instructions, awareness of potential problems and problem-solving, and consistent repetitive production.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to lift and push light loads for long distances. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Varying temperatures from freezing to high heat and steam. Some slippery and wet conditions. Workloads vary daily from low to extreme high.