Safety System Coordinator
The employee will develop, implement, maintain, and oversee sexual abuse awareness policies and procedures for the protection of children and students both at Bellevue and during Bellevue’s off-campus activities. The employee will train staff and volunteers to follow those policies and procedures.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and update Bellevue’s safety system policies and procedures.
- Oversee the safety team daily.
- Communicate with, train, and oversee staff and volunteers concerning sexual abuse awareness training and skillful screening.
- Coordinate safety system policies and procedures with all ministries and departments.
- Monitor and audit Bellevue’s safety system to assess departmental compliance with the safety system.
- Administer and participate in Bellevue’s Safety Committee.
- Compile, maintain, and update church records, especially regarding abuse allegations; manage deadlines punctually.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Take ownership of all phases of Bellevue’s Sexual Abuse Awareness System, implementing and auditing the system and making recommendations for the system to ensure the protection of children and students who participate in Bellevue events both on and off campus. Bellevue has ZERO tolerance for abuse and takes seriously all allegations of abuse.
Next Steps Ministry, Business Administration, Human Resources, and Office of the Pastor staff members. Training will involve all church staff members.
Part time (29 hours); Monday–Friday as determined by supervisor
Career Growth Opportunities:
Advance into other administrative or coordinator positions in the church.
Travel within the Memphis metropolitan area
Indoor office; must be able to handle stress related to working with other staff and any abuse allegations.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred.
Specific Experience Required:
- Project management and teamwork experience
- Experience in an administrative setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Word and Excel); the ability to navigate webbased applications
- Clerical and computer skills
- Policy development and maintenance (not required but a plus)
- Familiarity with office equipment, such as printers and copiers
Specific Skills Required:
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to problem solve and correct inefficiencies for the best results
- Decisiveness and good judgment to address issues
- The ability to work with little or no supervision
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills and the ability to deliver results
- Leadership and motivation in guiding staff to follow the safety system
- The ability to set goals, create realistic deadlines, and strategize for daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly progress of the safety system
- Strong interpersonal skills and adaptability
- The ability to respond effectively to crisis situations
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Inside; temperature controlled