The employee will be responsible for the daily production of all food preparation in coordination with the Culinary Ministry Manager and calendar information systems. The employee will oversee and lead the back-of-house (BOH) Culinary Ministry personnel in all facets of daily BOH production tasks. The employee will maintain proper food storage and handling practices. The employee will work closely with the front-of-house (FOH) Crew Leader to ensure continuity in the service of all Culinary Ministry events. The employee will maintain a sanitary and healthy working environment.
- Set an example, upholding and championing all Culinary Ministry plans and goals as set forth by our Lord, Jesus Christ.
- Manage all daily operations of BOH production.
- Assist in the daily production of all food preparations alongside BOH staff.
- Work closely with the Culinary Ministry Manager to develop menus, staying aware of the current and latest trends.
- Work alongside the BOH and FOH staff in direct involvement; teach, train, and share your accumulated Culinary Ministry experiences with personnel.
- Commit to develop a work environment of close relationships, genuine trust and respect, accountability, and encouragement.
- Other duties as assigned by the Culinary Ministry Manager.
Experience and Skills:
- 3 years minimum experience in food service and hospitality management
- Management skills
- Food safety training and management
- Menu planning and inventory forecasting
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb, and balance. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, taste, and smell.
The employee must regularly lift or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.