This summer, Bellevue will send a team of more than 120 volunteers to the Netherlands for a large-scale ministry opportunity. This is a unique missions project in that Bellevue will spend the week caring for missionaries and their families. Missionaries face daily demands in their ministries, and those challenges are compounded by attacks from the enemy. Pray for Bellevue’s team as we spend the week offering childcare, compassion ministry, equipping opportunities, and other helpful resources to these missionary families.
Prayer Guide for the Netherlands Missions Project
“…with your minds ready for action, be serious and set your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. As obedient children, do not be conformed to the desires of your former ignorance. But as the One who called you is holy, you also are to be holy in all your conduct.” 1 Peter 1:13–15HCSB
- Pray for all the details that go into a large gathering.
- Pray for the preparations being made at the conference center.
- Pray for all necessary accommodations to be ready on time.
- Pray for the flights and other modes of transportation that will be taken, that all travel will go smoothly and everyone will arrive safely and in good health.
- Pray for little ones to travel well.
- Pray for hearts to be softened and for there to be many opportunities to share the Good News with nonbelievers.
- Pray for safe return travels, that everyone will arrive home healthy and rejuvenated.
Prayer for Our Bellevue Team
“Therefore, my dear brothers, be steadfast, unmovable, always excelling in the work of the Lord, because you know that the work that you do for the Lord isn’t wasted.” 1 Corinthians 15:58ISV
- Pray for those helping with worship, children, and youth.
- Pray for each volunteer.
- Pray for those preparing to lead Bible studies, that God will place messages on their hearts specific to what the missionaries need to be encouraged and challenged.
- Pray for those who will leave their children behind, that they will be able to find the right people to take care their children.
- Pray for each volunteer to mature spiritually.
- Pray for unity among the team.
- Pray that our team will show the love of Christ to each person they meet.
Children and Youth in Attendance
“Heavenly Father, You are the Giver of good gifts, blessing us beyond what we can imagine. One of the greatest ways You’ve blessed us is with our children. We lift up each child who will be in attendance, asking You to protect them physically, spiritually, and emotionally throughout this time. Lord, may their tender hearts be drawn ever closer to You. May they feel Your peace. In Jesus’ name, amen.”
The youth who will be in attendance come from all over Africa. Pray for unity as they gather. Some of them have known each other for a very long time, while others are newer to Africa.
- Pray that there will be no barriers between the children and youth.
- Pray for the older youth to be loving and patient with the younger children and be godly examples for the younger ones.
- The Greek word “kairos” refers to a time when conditions are right for the accomplishment of a crucial action—pray that these days will be a kairos moment for the youth, that those who have not placed their faith in Jesus will do so and that those who already follow Jesus will be encouraged to renew their commitment to Him.
- Pray for each child to be drawn to the Word in a personal way.
- Pray for those who will lead and teach the youth and children, that God will very clearly give them the messages that need to be shared.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to fill the place with His presence.
Missionaries and Leaders in Attendance
“…walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.…grace was given to each one of us according to the measure of Christ’s gift.” Ephesians 4:1b–3, 7ESV
- Pray for the missionaries’ and leaders’ hearts to absorb the teaching humbly and gently and apply it to their lives so they can live in a way that is “worthy of the calling.”
- Pray that as “fellow workers,” they will be of one Spirit in the bond of peace.
- Pray that they will patiently allow for each other’s differences and value each other’s importance within the Body of Christ as they bear with one another in love. Ask God to make His grace abundant in each person and overflow through obedience to Him when they return to their places of ministry.
Daily Prayer During the Trip
- Pray that God, with grace and mercy, will open our team’s eyes to the great things He will accomplish, and pray for our hearts to align with His will.
- Pray for each team member’s heart to be fully committed to God, forsaking the world and longing to receive what He has in store.
- Pray that flights and luggage will arrive safely.
- Pray that everyone will be able to rest during their travels on the way to the Netherlands.
- Pray that each team member’s heart will be lifted in praise to our great God and also be broken for the lost.
- Pray that our team will boldly proclaim the Gospel to all people, alongside the African church.
- “Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand” (Proverbs 19:21ESV)—pray that, despite our team’s plans for ministry and for furthering God’s Kingdom, each person will completely surrender to God’s purpose, committing their works to the Lord. “Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act.” Psalm 37:5ESV
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will have free reign among our team, both individually and corporately.
- Pray that each team member’s heart will be humble and teachable, willing to adjust their lives and plans to the Father’s heart.
- Pray for a unified, spirit-empowered, and emboldened ministry, which will ultimately bring glory to God and salvation to many souls.
- Pray for safety as our team travels home.
Registration is now closed