- Run camera department for shoots in studio and field and ensure crew staffing
- Ensure robust DIT workflow to include efficient delivery of assets to social, production, and design
- Develop video and photo staff team through encouragement, correction, and training
- Recruit, train, and schedule volunteers in photography and video
- Standardize photography post-production, tagging, and archive to support delivery through design, website, social, and video production
- Identify footage and photo needs and proactively schedule and capture
- Collaborate with editorial to establish standards for grading and footage delivery, tagging, and organization
- Stay informed on new technology and forecast future needs
- Collaborate with Director of Operations to maintain video and photo equipment as part of a larger pool of gear and use Cheqroom for all check-in/check-out
- Establish best practices for equipment cleaning and care
- Oversee video and photo acquisition
- Manage photography and videography staff and volunteers
- Develop a robust library of visual content for use in design, website, social, and production
- Implement aesthetic standards and establish brand guidelines for all photography and video
- Create post-production grading standards in partnership with post-supervisor
- Recommend and specify equipment upgrades and new technology
- Oversee video and camera equipment maintenance and repairs
Bachelor’s degree in film and video production or equivalent and/or 5–7 years of experience in a related field.
- Experience leading video and audio production teams
- Thorough understanding of video pre, production, and post techniques and practices
- Experience producing promo, testimonial, story, teaching, and training videos
- Experience producing short-form live event content and production elements
- Experience as creative director or producer, serving multiple business units or ministries
- Understanding of concept and production process
- Able to communicate high-level concepts in a concise manner
- Able to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent grammar and spelling
- Able to proof quickly
- Works well with others and able to collaborate effectively
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
The supervisor expects the team to work well together, think creatively, and innovate.
Once a decision is made, it is expected for the team to execute it quickly and with excellence.
Co-Workers of This Position:
Works with all Media team members.
Typically Sunday–Thursday; however, often expected to work late and weekends as needed, especially during peak seasons, big initiatives, and productions.
Career Growth Opportunities:
The opportunity exists to take a broader role in production leadership.
May work with heavy and sensitive equipment, including gear requiring counter-balance and proper securing and support. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Work Environment Situations:
Fast-paced, high expectation, and deadline-driven.
Working Conditions (Temp./Inside/Outside/Height/Damp.):
Mostly standard office conditions; however, will vary with each day, as shoots may often take place outside and conditions will flex as the season and weather dictate. Work will involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, or loud noises.