Pastor Steve Gaines
Dr. Steve Gaines, Bellevue’s Senior Pastor, is known as a man of prayer and a preacher of God’s Word. Since 1983, he has pastored churches in Texas, Tennessee, and Alabama before coming to Bellevue Baptist Church in 2005 as Senior Pastor. He has served on many denominational boards and committees and been the keynote speaker at many denominational events. Steve’s wife, Donna, is also a vital part of the Gaines’ ministry at Bellevue as she teaches in Bellevue Women, Serves Out with missions projects, and leads younger women in discipleship. Steve and Donna have four children and 15 grandchildren.
About Steve Gaines
- Born: December 31, 1957, in Corinth, Mississippi, to Edgar and Dorothy Gaines.
- Married: June 14, 1980, to Donna Dodds Gaines—Women’s Ministry, Speaker, Founder of ARISE2Read, Author of There’s Gotta Be More, Leaving Ordinary, Choose Wisely, Live Fully, and SEATED: Living From our Position in Christ.
- Grant Gaines: Pastor, Belle Aire Baptist Church, Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Married to Melisa. Five children.
- Lindsey Gaines Wingo: stay-at-home mom. Married to Ryan Wingo, Minister of Worship, Prince Avenue B.C., Athens, Georgia. Four children.
- Allison Gaines Hill: stay-at-home mom. Married to Gentry Hill, Pastor, First Baptist Church, Camden, Arkansas. Four children.
- Bethany Gaines Golding: stay-at-home mom. Married to David Golding, Engineer with Turner Construction Company in Memphis, Tennessee. Two children.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, Texas (1991)
- Master of Divinity (M.Div.), Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, Texas (1984)
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Union University, Jackson, Tennessee (1979)
- Dyersburg High School, Dyersburg, Tennessee (1975)
- Pastor, Bellevue Baptist Church, Cordova, Tennessee (2005–Present)
- Pastor, First Baptist Church, Gardendale, Alabama (1991–2005)
- Pastor, West Jackson Baptist Church, Jackson, Tennessee (1988–1991)
- Pastor, Lake Shore Baptist Church., Lake Dallas, Texas (1983–1988)
- Youth Minister, Lake Shore Baptist Church, Lake Dallas, Texas (1981–1983)
- Youth Minister, First Baptist Church, Milan, Tennessee (1978–1980)
- President, Southern Baptist Convention (2016–2018)
- Chairman, SBC Resolutions Committee (2015)
- President, Tennessee Baptist Convention Pastor’s Conference (2015)
- President, SBC Pastors Conference (2005)
- Preached SBC Convention Sermon (2004)
- SBC Baptist Faith and Message Study Committee (1999–2000)
- President, Pastors’ Conference, Alabama Baptist State Convention (1999)
- Trustee, Union University, Jackson, Tennessee (2014–Present)
- SBC Committee on Nominations (1991, 1999)
- Books: Morning Manna, Pray Like It Matters, Share Jesus Like It Matters.