- Born: December 31, 1957 in Corinth, MS. to Edgar and Dorothy Gaines.
- Married: 6/14/80 to Donna Dodds Gaines – Women’s Ministry, Speaker, Author, Founder of ARISE2Read.
- Children: Grant Gaines, Pastor, Calvary B.C., Jackson, TN. Married to Melisa. Four children.
Lindsey Gaines Wingo, stay-at-home mom. Married to Ryan Wingo, Minister of Worship, Prince Avenue B.C., Athens, GA. Three children.
Allison Gaines Hill, stay-at-home mom. Married to Gentry Hill, Pastor, FBC, Poteau, OK. Three children.
Bethany Gaines Golding, stay-at-home mom. Married to David Golding, mechanical engineer, Memphis, TN. One child.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), SWBTS Fort Worth, TX, 1991.
- Master of Divinity (M.Div.), SWBTS, Fort Worth, TX, 1984.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Union University, Jackson, TN, 1979.
- Dyersburg High School, Dyersburg, Tennessee, 1975
- Pastor, Bellevue Baptist Church, Cordova, TN (2005-present).
- Pastor, First Baptist Church, Gardendale, AL (1991-2005).
- Pastor, West Jackson Baptist Church, Jackson, TN (1988-1991).
- Pastor, Lake Shore Baptist Church., Lake Dallas, TX (1983-1988).
- Youth Minister, Lake Shore Baptist Church, Lake Dallas, TX (1981-1983).
- Youth Minister, FBC, Milan, TN (1978-1980).
- President, SBC, 2016-2018;
- Chairman, SBC Resolutions Committee, 2015;
- President, Tennessee Baptist Convention Pastor’s Conference 2015;
- President, SBC Pastors Conference, 2005;
- Preached SBC Convention Sermon, 2004;
- SBC Baptist Faith and Message Study Committee, 1999-2000;
- President, Pastors’ Conf., Alabama Baptist State Convention, 1999;
- Trustee, Union University, Jackson, TN, 2014-Present;
- SBC Committee on Nominations, 1991, 1999;
- Books: Morning Manna, Pray Like It Matters, Share Jesus Like It Matters.