School Supplies Giveaway
Our annual School Supplies Giveaway provides an opportunity for Bellevue members to Serve Out. Each year, volunteers can adopt a backpack, fill it with supplies, and serve at one of our Giveaway Centers. Our 2017 event takes place on July 29th, and we need your help.
July 9, 2017 | Backpacks available for pickup in Life Groups or Lobbies
July 23, 2017 | Backpack due date
Bellevue Appling Serve Out Opportunities
- BACKPACK PREPARATION – Volunteer to put the supply lists in each backpack and sort them for distribution on Wednesday, June 28.
- BACKPACK DISTRIBUTION – Volunteer to help distribute backpacks to Life Groups on Thursday, June 29.
- BACKPACK COLLECTION – Volunteer to collect backpacks from Life Group rooms and the collection bins located in the lobbies, as well as inspect the bags to ensure they have all the needed supplies. Volunteers will meet in the West Lobby.
• Monday, July 10 – 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
• Monday, July 17 – 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
• Monday, July 24 – 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
• Tuesday, July 25 – 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Bellevue Frayser Serve Out Opportunities
Friday, July 28 | 10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
- Put the appropriate number of backpacks in the classrooms
- Pray over backpacks
- Setup the classrooms
Saturday, July 29, 2016
- 8:00 a.m.–10:30 a.m. – Shift 1
- 10:00 a.m.–12:30 p.m. – Shift 2
Volunteers can choose to Serve Out through any of the following opportunities during any or all of the volunteer shifts.
Volunteers will direct the flow of traffic and guide guests and volunteers to the appropriate entrances.
Volunteers will welcome and check in registered guests and lead them to the correct waiting area. In addition, volunteers will register drop-ins for any available time slots.
Guides will be assigned to a specific age group, lead them to the appropriate room, and assist Hosts as needed. At the end of the Gospel presentation, Guides will lead their group back to the Fellowship Hall to regroup with their family.
- GRADE HOSTS (Kindergarten–6th Grade) will lead students in age-appropriate activities, share the good news of the Gospel, provide an opportunity for a response, distribute backpacks and pray over the students.
- YOUTH HOSTS will lead 7th-12th graders in age-appropriate activities, share the good news of the Gospel, provide an opportunity for the students to respond, and give them a small gift.
- ADULT HOSTS will lead parents in family-building activities, share the good news of the Gospel, provide an opportunity for the parents to respond, pray over the parents and provide them with a small gift.
Fellowship Hall Volunteers
Volunteers will man the two separate Fellowship Halls, helping students select one item from the gift table and making sure they are reunited with their parents.
Bellevue Bella Vista Serve Out Opportunities
- PERSONAL EVANGELIST – Evangelist are needed to share the plan of salvation with families that participate in the giveaway.
- CHECK-IN VOLUNTEERS – Volunteers will welcome and register guests and lead them to the waiting area.
- PARKING VOLUNTEERS – Volunteers will direct the flow of traffic and guide guests and volunteers to the appropriate entrances.
- BACKPACK DISTRIBUTION VOLUNTEERS – Volunteers will distribute the backpacks to the families.