There is a great need for direction and counseling in our culture…
Our generation has more resources and greater access to these resources than ever in the history of the world, yet, people seem less successful navigating through life and relationships than ever! Broken dreams, broken relationships, broken homes, lead to broken people…
Often, people are initially reluctant to ask for help. However, many come to a place where they understand the need for counseling – when they get “stuck” in a situation and can’t figure out a solution on their own.
What Is Biblical Counseling?
God never intended for us to have to go through life alone! The Bible tells us “…whoever listens to counsel is wise.” (Proverbs 12:15 HCSB). So He prepares those who are good listeners, have understanding and have experienced life, and are knowledgeable of the scriptures, and competent in helping others.
We believe the Bible is relevant – that it has something to say to our modern-day experiences.
We believe the Bible is inspired by God – that it is His word to us about how to live successfully.
We also believe that it addresses any and every issue that a person would ever face. Either directly or indirectly through, instruction, narrative, and principles, that when understood and applied correctly can help someone to press through life with clarity, understanding, and hope – no matter what the situation!
Yet we also recognize that the Bible can be overwhelming and intimidating!
Our job is to make the content relevant and take the intimidation away! To help people have confidence that God really loves them, that he understands and cares about what they’re going through… and that He has answers for the challenges that they face!
Here is our guide to a Godly Counselor.
How do I get started?
- Call our office at (901) 347-5830 to set a time for your orientation. You must schedule and attend an Orientation prior to an appointment being scheduled. (This time will insure that you get all of your questions answered about our counseling.)
- Print and completely fill out the Informed Consent Form
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to the orientation. (To help with parking and navigating to the Biblical Counseling office suite)
- Once the orientation is complete, you are free to call the office to schedule a counseling appointment that will work with both your and our schedule.
- Counseling is free to the community as well as Bellevue members. This is just another way we are saying, “God loves you, and so do we!”