In compliance with Federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Status: Full Time
Answer incoming calls
Work with other office personnel to ensure that there is always office staff available to answer the phone and greet guests
Manage volunteer handbook, keep current
Process Confidential Volunteer Applications
Calendar Community Outreach events
Prepare check requests and purchase orders
Initiate orders for supplies, materials, equipment, and services, when necessary
In Office Bookkeeping – Maintain assigned budgets
Assist with Main Switchboard as assigned
Bellevue Loves Memphis (BLM)
Assist with BLM projects as assigned
Order and coordinate BLM items and supplies
Prepare on-line registration for BLM Projects
Manage TouchPoint tasks
Bibles for China Thrift Store
Assist with Thrift Store communications
Monitor and process monthly income check
File monthly contribution letters
Assist with scheduling Thrift Store pick ups
Schedule volunteer appreciation dinners
Assist with support needs: making name tags, supporting volunteer applications, supporting Touch Point side of volunteer check-in, etc.
Assist with planning, communications, reporting and execution of Mid-America Baptist Theological Seminary (MABTS) Shopping Day at Bibles for China and maintaining the Voucher System
Assist with planning, communications, budget, TouchPoint, and reporting
Maintain paperwork for certifications and assist with occasional trainings hosted at Bellevue Baptist Church
Handle administration support for Disaster Relief Callouts – trip planning, team accommodations, paperwork, etc.
Assist with travel planning, communications, budget, documentation, reporting, etc
Other Duties As Assigned
Share an open office directly with Receptionist; however there are 3 offices for ministerial staff in office complex
Typical Work Hours are 8:15 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday
Additional hours when requested by supervisor
Compensation Plan: Non-Exempt
Career Growth Opportunities:
Computer training is available
General office working conditions
Ability to Restructure Job/Environment to Fit Employee:
Flexible with hours when need arises.
Prioritize work according to deadlines.
Environment Situations: Busy office with medium- heavy traffic of people flow, coming from both inside and outside the department, including the general church population.
Education equivalent to the completion of 12 grade
A minimum of 2 years’ experience in computer proficiency and general office practice
Some office administration training or college
Certificate/License Required: N/A
Specific Experience Required:
The ability to meet and work effectively with the public
Knowledge of office procedures
Office administration and bookkeeping experience
Specific Skills Required:
Exceptional People Skills: caring attitude
Ability to Work Under Pressure with a calm and confident attitude
Adaptability: Be accessible, responsive, and flexible to handle the changing needs of the department
Communication: Communicate well, both verbally and written
Conflict Resolution: Manage complaints, dilemmas and complications positively
Decision-Making: Ability to use good judgment and recognizing scope of authority
Organization: Excellent clerical, communications, computer, and organizational skills
Ownership & Self- Motivation: Take ownership of performance, be proactive in learning, be aware of church and office protocol
Leadership: Demonstrate a high level of trust, confidentiality, honesty and integrity
Teamwork & Guest Service: Foster an environment that is inviting to daily audiences: co-workers, members, guests, volunteers, etc.
Time Management: Ability to perform assigned duties with speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision. The ability to multi-task
Must be able to sit at a computer & enter data for several hours a day, viewing a monitor for long periods of time. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Normal indoor office environment that is temperature controlled.
Assistant Director of Technical Services
Job Title: Assistant Director of Technical Services
Status: Full Time
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of sound, lighting, and audio-visual support at Bellevue Baptist Church, including a 6000 seat worship center, 1000 seat Fellowship Hall, chapel, student and children’s ministry worship spaces
- Oversee all aspects for maintaining the technical systems at Bellevue Baptist Church
- Assist in the oversight of all aspects of the technical development at Bellevue Baptist Church (includes system design, implementation and installation)
- Provide coordination and implementation for special projects
- Sound design and implementation for all major events and worship services
- Rigging for all major events. Rigging for off campus events. Rigging design. Working with outside crews and 3rd party riggers
- Share responsibility with the Director of Technical Services to develop and maintain a lay staff of individuals for the technical positions that are created by these productions and the worship services
- Work with various ministries and departments as they have events or projects requiring his expertise and input
- Develop and implement a comprehensive preventative maintenance program for all of the technical systems on the Bellevue campus
- Inventory management of Bellevue’s AVL equipment
- Secure rental equipment when necessary for programs and events that require it
- Arrange for operators and package systems for off-campus events requiring such support
- Share technical support and responsibilities in the worship center for worship services
- Provide technical support for events in Fellowship Hall and Worship Center
- Setup equipment needed per event
- Provide mix support for worship services
Approximate Distribution of Work Hours
- 20% at computer / desk
- 5% in meetings
- 60% supporting events (plan, setup, operate, strike)
- 15% equipment maintenance and/or installation
This position is required to work independently and without close supervision. The Supervisor must be kept aware of scheduled activities and concerns and must work well with the management team.
- AV Services Manager
- Part-time technical services staff (2-3 staff)
Relationship to Other Church Ministries
Must develop and maintain regular communication with all ministries and departments
High school diploma
Specific Experience Required
Several years’ experience in
- Technical support of event planning
- managing staff and large budgets
- video, theatre, or event production
- working with secular organizations
Specific Skills Required
- Must be able to function at an executive level with Bellevue staff and outside organizations
- Stage management, lighting, AV, audio, and video production
- Strong interpersonal relationships skills required
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture” for events
- Ability to plan & execute down to the detail level
- Computer and Word Processing ability
- Understanding of design software
- Understanding of audio software
- Strong communication and time management ability
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with outside companies, vendors and individuals
- Standard office hours, Monday – Thursday
- Sundays 7am – 1:00pm and 4:30pm – 7:30pm.
- Additional days and hours are frequently required.
Safety equipment is available and provided when needed
Environment Situations/ Working Conditions
Mostly indoor conditions which include some office work and occasional outdoor work.
Not all inside working environments are temperature controlled, subject to extreme heat or cold conditions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This job requires the ability to work in high places. Ability to lift up to 75 pounds. Must be able to use a computer.
Hospitality Team Member - Reception
The Hospitality team models intentional hospitality and ministry excellence in all aspects of our ministry. As a member of the Hospitality team, the incumbent will be expected to support the efforts of the department even when assignments may fall outside of the job description.
Major Duties: Answer and direct incoming phone calls to the appropriate area. Provide general information regarding services, special events, and programs. Greet and provide directions for visitors.
Specific Tasks: Open and close the switchboard daily. Answer and direct incoming calls to the appropriate areas in a professional manner representing Bellevue Baptist Church. Provide general information to callers, regarding services, special events, programs, etc., as needed. Screen and admit individuals needing access to the Administrative office area, daily, as needed. Greet and direct visitors to the appropriate area or notify the appropriate person of the visitor, daily, as needed. Contact appropriate in-house or outside emergency personnel, as needed. Perform other duties, as assigned.
Supervisor’s Philosophy: Independent-makes assignments and expects completion without close supervision. Is willing to teach and assist as needed. Expects cooperation and teamwork.
7 Co-workers. Work individually and independent of each other much of the time.
Co-workers provide coverage for the operator’s breaks and absences. The switchboard is located in an open area and the operator has constant interaction with anyone passing through the reception area.
Days/Hours: Part time – 22-25 hours per week average primarily Monday-Friday. Will be required to cover Sundays and Wednesdays in a rotating manner. Occasional weekends or evenings may also be required for special events (examples include: Graduations, Singing Christmas Tree).
Compensation Plan: Non-exempt
Career Growth Opportunities: Welcome to inquire about opportunities within the church. No definite progression.
Safety/Ergonomic Issues: Requires constant, repetitive answering the phone and transferring calls by pressing buttons on the switchboard. Requires repetitive typing and sitting for long periods of time.
Ability to Restructure Job/Environment to Fit Employee: Limited
Environment Situations: Office environment located in an open area with other staff constantly passing the Switchboard desk. No privacy.
Education Required: Minimum—High school diploma, Preferred: Some college
Certificate/License Required: None
Specific Experience Required: Data entry, Preferred: Switchboard
Specific Skills Required:
- Customer Service experience a plus
- Computer experience, including MS Word and Excel
- Bellevue membership and working knowledge of Bellevue Baptist Church, its departments, and its functions is preferred
- General office skills
- Telephone skills
- Interpersonal skills.
- Multi-task skills, be able to handle multiple phone lines ringing and difficult calls
Read, write; organize work, computer skills, telephone skills, interpersonal skills. Ability to answer calls in a friendly, cheerful, polite, and professional manner. Skills to handle multiple phone lines ringing and to handle difficult calls.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Working Conditions: Normal indoor office conditions
Major Duties: Make/serve coffee; serve snack food/lunch; clean/maintain Café area
Daily: make/serve coffee, snacks and lunches. Greet customers with a pleasant attitude. Maintain products and equipment at front counter. Keep storage closet organized and clean. Break down empty boxes to be picked-up by housekeeping. Maintain/restock vending machines. Count money/make change in front of customers. Count money at the end of day and put in safe. Operate iPad Square for all cash and credit card sales. Clean counter, floor and equipment. Clean tables/chairs in Café area.
Weekly: move tables/chairs when necessary (usually only on Sunday).
As necessary: assist with new employee/volunteer training.
Days/Hours: average 2-4 days; less than 29 hours; extra hours during VBS & SCT and other special events. Must be willing and have the ability to adapt to changes in weekly schedule with short notice as needed.
Compensation Plan: Non-exempt – hourly
Career Growth Opportunities: faithful employment could lead to other opportunities throughout the church
Safety/Ergonomic Issues: possible burns (hot beverages/equipment), light lifting up to 25 pounds
Work Environment Situations: some long, demanding and stressful days; will work closely with church members/employees and volunteers; always a pleasant and friendly Christian work environment.
Education Required: high school diploma preferred
Specific Experience Required: 1 year work experience in face-to-face customer service role is preferred.
Specific Skills Required: basic math (ability to take money and make change); basic iPad skills; customer service skills; be able to work independently and make executive decisions when needed.
Physical Abilities: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must stand for long hours on a regular basis and must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Working Conditions: Indoor temperature controlled work environment
Status: Full Time
Responsible for daily production of all food preparation in coordination with and fulfillment of the Culinary Ministry Manager’ commitments to clients and calendar information systems. Oversees work of back-of-house Culinary Ministry personnel and provides coaching and feedback to personnel in all facets of daily back-of-house production tasks including maintaining proper food storage and handling practices. Works closely with the front-of-house Crew Leader to ensure continuity in the service of all Culinary Ministry events. Maintain a sanitary and healthy working environment.
- To set an example, uphold and champion all Culinary Ministry plans and goals as set forth by our Lord Jesus Christ
- Responsible to be out in a highly visible position for leadership and supervision while expediting Culinary Ministry events.
- Manages all daily operations of kitchen cleaning and food production.
- Works closely with Culinary Ministry Manager to develop and provide menus, while staying current to latest trends.
- Keep staff informed of all important information and events, upkeep and use of the church’s facilities. Direct involvement of working alongside of the staff. Requirements include teaching, training, and sharing of your accumulated Culinary Ministry experiences with personnel.
- Commitment to develop a work environment of close relationships, genuine trust, respect, accountability and encouragement is essential.
- Must be appropriately dressed and groomed in proper uniform at all times.
- Any and all duties as assigned by the Culinary Ministry Manager
Accountable to the Culinary Ministry Manager for exceeding standards in the areas of food production and cleanliness.
Independent, but always keeps close eye on daily operations and tasks.
Assumes integrity and honesty of others.
Gives direction, coaching and training to full-time Cooks in meeting job performance objectives, timely food product production, exceptional food quality, and for meeting cleanliness and sanitation standards.
Sous Chef: Must work closely with the Culinary Ministry Manager and Front-of-House Crew leader to successfully complete all Culinary Ministry Events.
Compensation Plan: Hourly; non-exempt
On feet for long hours and some heavy lifting
Some long, demanding, stressful days. Even sometimes chaotic but always a pleasant and friendly Christian work environment.
High School degree
Accreditation preferred, but not required.
Specific Experience Required:
Three years minimum kitchen supervisory experience. Experience in determining quantity food preparation as well as small party production. Previous experience in a role where safe food handling, identification and storage, food handling sanitizing and storage of equipment, utensils and flatware were included as key competencies of the position(s) requirements.
Specific Skills Required:
Basic mathematics, quantity calculation, recipe reading and production, organization and leadership abilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand and bend; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Hot and cold working conditions, frequent exposure to high heat, steam and freezers.
Ministerial Assistant positions (Internships)
Teaching and caretaker responsibilities for children ages 0 to 5 years during church services and 0 to 5th grade for special events.
Specific tasks include:
Follow curriculum prepared by Childcare staff with minimal supervision including:
Working with children on crafts and interacting with them at play time on their eye level.
Part-time – approx. 5 hours weekly. Currently needing workers for evenings and special church wide events.
Specific Experience/Age Required:
Childcare experience required. Must be 16 years of age or older.
Must have good verbal communication skills to interact with parents.
Physical Abilities (Demand Characteristics):
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to physically pick-up children ages 0 to 3 years and change diapers according to childcare department standards.
Other Requirements: Must complete a criminal background check and drug screen.
Working Conditions: Inside temperature controlled environment.
How to apply for employment with Bellevue:
Apply By Mail
Apply by Mail
- Print and complete the Employment Application and mail to:
- Bellevue Baptist Church
2000 Appling Road
Cordova, TN 38016