To protect our Christian witness to a lost world, Bellevue Baptist Church continues its long-standing practice of requiring ceremonies, employee conduct, and facility uses to be in harmony with its doctrinal beliefs as expressed in the Southern Baptist Convention’s most recently adopted statement of faith.
In compliance with Federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Benefits Administrator/Payroll Assistant
Job Title: Benefits Administrator/Payroll Assistant
Status: Full time
Under moderate supervision, the Benefits Administrator, administers, educates and communicates employee benefits programs including group insurance policies, leaves of absence, long-term disability claims, workers’ compensation claims, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA), and other supplemental benefit plans. This position plays a key role in the annual health plan renewal process and roll-out to the workforce.
This position serves as a backup to the Payroll Clerk for processing payroll when the Payroll Clerk is absent.
In general this position performs a wide variety of both complex and routine administrative services.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Prepares and conducts the benefits orientation meeting and enrolls new employees in benefit plans within pre-established timeframes.
- Records changes affecting employee benefit deductions and church costs in Kronos database.
- Maintains & updates benefits tables to reflect annual changes in benefit plans. Responsible for accuracy of benefit enrollment data maintained in Kronos database.
- Counsels covered individuals as needed on benefit plan provisions so that individuals can make informed benefit decisions. Assists employees in the resolution of health claims issues with insurance providers.
- Prepares and verifies the calculation of the monthly premiums statements for all group insurance policies. Resolves any discrepancies with carriers and ensures bills are paid accurately and on time.
- Retirement Plans Administration – Enrolls new employees in 403b plan. Handles requests for withdrawals and roll-overs per Plan guidelines. Submits payment for GuideStone Financial (retirement accounts) semi-monthly.
- Processes status changes, open enrollment changes, new enrollments, terminations of coverage, continuation coverage with external vendors or benefit providers within time frames established.
- Provides up-to-date and accurate benefits enrollment reports for management as requested. This includes the Census Report and itemized insurance rosters to reconcile with provider billings.
- Utilizing the Kronos Workforce Central Suite software provides up-to-date and accurate benefits enrollment reports for management as requested. This includes the Census Report and itemized insurance rosters to reconcile with provider billings.
- Administers health insurance continuation for departing employees. Maintains and monitors payments are made in a timely manner. Informs participants of changes in health plan and ends coverage at appropriate times.
- Assists employees in the resolution of health claims issues with insurance providers.
- Provides both timely and regular written communications for employee understanding of all benefit programs during both open enrollment period and throughout the Plan year such as via the employee newsletter, group emails, postings and periodic small or large group refresher meetings.
Payroll Backup Duties:
Under close supervision by the Payroll Clerk, learn the payroll process and keep skills and knowledge up-to-date by frequent observation of the real-time process as well as hands-on experience.
Other Duties as Assigned
Days/Hours: Mon-Fri., 8:15 – 4:30 with lunch from 12 – 1
Co-workers: Payroll Clerk, Administrative Assistant-Business Administration
Compensation Plan: Salaried Non-Exempt
Safety/Ergonomic Issues: Heavy computer work.
Environment Situations: This is a safe, comfortable environment inside an office. There is a certain amount of stress involved in meeting deadlines.
Undergraduate degree in business administration, human resources, accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Minimum 2 years employee benefits administration or HR general administrative support experience required. Insurance agency support experience or carrier work experience a plus.
Knowledge & Skills
Experience using Kronos, ADP, Ceridian or similar HR systems software required.
Knowledge of payroll practices a plus.
Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Office applications, specifically Excel and Word.
Must have good verbal and written communications skills.
Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
Strong organizational and administrative skills.
An unquestionable ability to maintain confidentiality, and an unwavering understanding of the importance of maintaining and protecting employee information.
Demonstrated experience writing benefits communications materials required.
Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of health plan designs.
Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
Self-motivation and the ability to work independently, as well as within a team, are essential.
Church Affiliation: Must be an active member of a local Protestant Church.
The successful candidate will have a strong desire to learn, a standard of excellence in his/her work product, a healthy acceptance of coaching and performance feedback, and a love for teamwork.
Specific Skills Required:
Must be proficient with a 10-key and enjoy working with numbers. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Must be able to read & understand documents relating benefits plans including Summary Plan Descriptions.
Physical Abilities: While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Working Conditions: Office environment; moderate noise level.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Teaching and caretaker responsibilities for children ages 0 to 5 years during church services and 0 to 5th grade for special events.
Specific tasks include:
Follow curriculum prepared by Childcare staff with minimal supervision including:
Working with children on crafts and interacting with them at play time on their eye level.
Part-time – approx. 5 hours weekly. Currently needing workers for evenings and special church wide events.
Specific Experience/Age Required:
Childcare experience required. Must be 16 years of age or older.
Must have good verbal communication skills to interact with parents.
Physical Abilities (Demand Characteristics):
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to physically pick-up children ages 0 to 3 years and change diapers according to childcare department standards.
Other Requirements: Must complete a criminal background check and drug screen.
Working Conditions: Inside temperature controlled environment.
How to apply for employment with Bellevue:
Apply By Mail
Apply by Mail
- Print and complete the Employment Application and mail to:
- Bellevue Baptist Church
2000 Appling Road
Cordova, TN 38016