Job Title: Cook
Status: Full Time
Major Duties: Performs regular daily kitchen tasks involving hot and cold food production within the guidelines set by the Culinary Manager and the Health Department.
Specific Tasks: Prepares hot and cold food daily (e.g. vegetables, proteins, salads and desserts, etc.) As instructed by culinary manager and in accordance with Bellevue recipes for completion of required work orders. Must use time and church resources efficiently. Responsible for cleanliness of work area as well as assisting in dishwashing and cleaning up after food service functions.
Supervised by: Culinary Manager and Sous Chef. Your supervisors are looking for the following qualities from you: hard work, efficiency, cooperation, reliability, integrity, and respectful attitude
Supervisor’s Philosophy: Consistency in leadership. His employees know what is expected and are trained and guided to be set up for success. He likes to let employees work independently while adhering to standardized procedures and producing excellent results.
Supervises: In this position, you are not responsible for supervising others, but you are expected to work closely with team members and ask for help when needed.
Co-workers: Culinary Manager, Sous Chef, Storeroom Clerk 1, Salad Prep Cook 2, and 4-5 Front of House Utility workers. A cooperative and positive attitude are expected while working with others.
Days/ Hours: Average 5 days and 40-45 hours per week. During busier seasons, you may be asked to work overtime.
Compensation: Non-Exempt, hourly rate.
Career Growth Opportunities: Lead Cook, longevity with Bellevue Baptist Church.
Safety/ Ergonomic Issues: Possible burn and cut hazards, some heavy lifting.
Ability to Restructure Job/ Environment to Fit Employee: N/A
Environment Situations: Some long, demanding and stressful days and sometimes chaotic, but always a professional Christian environment.
Education Required: High School Degree
Certificate/ License Required: None
Specific Experience Required: Kitchen experience- Food prep and Service & knowledge of proper kitchen health procedures.
Specific Skills Required (Read/ Write/ Math/ Decision Maker/ Interpersonal Skills/ Organization/ Planning/ Memory) Food Knowledge, use of weights and measures, multitasking, general mathematics, interpersonal skills, organization, recipe skills, kitchen equipment and food storage knowledge.
Physical Abilities: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Working Conditions: Extreme variations of hot and cold working conditions, sometimes slippery and/ or cluttered work area.
CULINARY MINISTRY MANAGER
Job Title: Culinary Ministry Manager
Status: Full Time
Presides over all operations of the Culinary Ministry department including:
- Continual ministry excellence development
- Managing Day to Day Operations of the Front of House, Kitchen and Administrative portions of the ministry
- Responsible for planning and approving event setups, menus, and all aspects of food-related events within Bellevue.
- Reviews Budgets and Forecasting
- Shopping and Bidding for pricing of food, equipment, service and repairs within ministry
- Orders all food items, equipment, and supplies for the ministry
- Prepares event quotes for ministries and outside events
- Hires, Trains, Counsels, Schedules all Culinary Ministry Staff
- Develop, train and maintain safe food practices
- Liaison between church ministries and culinary to develop food-related event programming
- Reviews and approves all work orders
- Long term forecasting of product usage and labor
- Perpetual menu development and forecasting
- Encourage and develop church member volunteers
- Continual follow-up of daily event completion
- Hands on management and delegation of duties to daily staff
- Oversight of scheduling and production forecasts
- Frequent contact with church ministries and coordinators for event planning
- Confirm all daily events completed to specification
Assumes honesty and integrity of staff members. Promotes ministry excellence through biblical obedience.
Supervises all culinary ministry staff and associated coordinators
Co-Workers of this position:
Culinary ministry manager works with all members of church operations team which includes but is not limited to housekeeping, security, maintenance, grounds keeping, church ministry coordinators, lay staff members and church volunteers.
Days/Hours: Full time weekdays, some weekends and holidays, 40 hours
Compensation Plan: Exempt
Frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs. walking, bending and standing for long periods of time.
Work Environment Situations:
Culinary ministry has fluctuating and predetermined periods of activity that can range from slow down time to extremely active
Frequent exposure to high heat and freezing temperatures
Education Required: High school diploma required
Certificate/License Required: None required however food safety and computer skills are preferred
Specific Experience Required:
- 5 years minimum experience in food service and hospitality management
- Budget forecasting and management skills
- Food safety training and management
- Menu planning and inventory forecasting
- Human resource management
Specific Skills Required:
- Reading, writing, mathematics
- Problem solving, quick decision making
- Long term planning and completion
- Record keeping
- Consistent completion of standardized events
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move equipment and supplies of up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Works near to extreme temperature changes and equipment with high heat and steam.
Audit Conducted By: Debbie Campbell, Director Hospitality
print shoP technician—part-time
Job Title: Print Shop Technician
- Serve all aspects of assigned in-house printing.
- Printing, finishing, binding, distribution, delivery
- Serve all aspects of facilitating U.S. Postal Service and other similar delivery systems as assigned.
- Assist in the maintenance of equipment assigned to Bellevue’s Print Shop.
- Serve as a liaison with the U.S. Postal Service and similar vendors.
- Maintain inventories and distribution of paper, stationery, publications, as well as other assigned supplies.
- Assist with assigned reporting.
- Inventory, billing, expense, usage
- Perform research assignments as needed.
- Serve the Media Team to support Bellevue’s Mission, Vision, and Values, as well as the Media Team’s goals.
- All of the above aligned to Bellevue’s Brand Guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
Supervisor’s Philosophy: The supervisor expects her team to work well together, to think creatively, and to innovate. Once a decision is made, it is expected for the team to execute it quickly and with excellence. High expectations with regards to speed, quality, and accuracy, as well as serving with a servant’s heart.
Supervises: No direct reports
Co-Workers: Will work directly with all members of the Media staff daily and frequently interact with other staff members church- wide.
Days/Hours: 20–25 hours per week.
Typical Weekly Schedule:
Monday: 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Bellevue’s Print Shop is primarily served by two (2) part-time employees. It is expected for these two employees to coordinate in order to staff the Print Shop Monday–Friday.
Compensation Plan: Hourly, non-exempt
Safety/Ergonomic Issues: Moving large, heavy boxes of paper. Use of paper cutter, folding machine, other machines could pose a hazard to hands and eyes. This position calls for most service hours to involve standing or walking.
Work Environment Situations: Office environment, fast paced, high expectations, and deadline driven
Education Required: High school graduate
Certificate/License Required: None
Specific Experience Required: Minimum one (1) year work experience in a general office setting including use of computers and printers
Specific Skills Required
- Good organization skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent attention to details
- Team building
- Ability to manage and organize details of an assignment resulting in end-products consistently matching the details of the original assignment—Proof your own work
- Driven to work efficiently
- Fantastic time management skills with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with and manage third-party vendors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Proficient use of the Internet
- Great interpersonal skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Self-starter and team player
- Experience using professional printers is a plus
- Proficient use of Adobe Creative Suite is a plus:
Physical Abilities: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Working Conditions: Mostly standard control room conditions (70 degrees). Work can involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete our online application.
- Complete this supplemental information for ministerial, program and management positions only.
Apply By Mail
- Print and complete the Employment Application and mail to the address listed below.
- Print and complete this supplemental information for ministerial, program and management positions only. Then mail to the address listed below.
Bellevue Baptist Church
2000 Appling Road
Cordova, TN 38016
To protect our Christian witness to a lost world, Bellevue Baptist Church continues its long-standing practice of requiring ceremonies, employee conduct, and facility uses to be in harmony with its doctrinal beliefs as expressed in the Southern Baptist Convention’s most recently adopted statement of faith.
In compliance with Federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.