To protect our Christian witness to a lost world, Bellevue Baptist Church continues its long-standing practice of requiring ceremonies, employee conduct, and facility uses to be in harmony with its doctrinal beliefs as expressed in the Southern Baptist Convention’s most recently adopted statement of faith.
In compliance with Federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Music Director (Frayser Campus)
Job Title: Music Director (Bellevue Frayser Campus)
Direction, Selection, Data Entry, Performance and Coordination of Praise Team, Band, Choir, and all Live or Recorded musical expressions at Bellevue Frayser during Worship Services, Easter, Christmas, Special Events, Weddings, Funerals, BLM, JLM.
Turn on and Shutdown all sound equipment and media room equipment for Sunday Worship Service.
- Work with Campus Pastor for Worship Service Planning and Direction
- Ability to sing, play an instrument and lead song singing, musicians and praise team
- Song Selection; event listing; hard copy and electronic copy distribution
- Media entry (PC-PPT; Mac-Pro-Presenter); media volunteer schedules
- Turn on and Shutdown all A&V equipment for Worship and Special events
- Coordination and recruiting of Musicians
- Praise team member’s Contact, Rehearsals scheduling and coordination
- Supervision of Music Equipment, Maintenance, Purchase and Repairs
- Weekly report and planning for church music area
- Youth & Children’s Music Coordination with Director of Youth & Children for Next Gen choir efforts and music outreach
- Song Direction on Special Occasions (Easter Special, Christmas Special, BLM, JLM, Conferences, Weddings & Funerals)
Pastoral and Operational Staff would be direct co-workers (7). There are several events conducted at the Campus, such as lunch or cookout outings. The entire staff has a weekly prayer event as well as other prayer time and holiday events.
Days and Hours may vary. Weekend and night shift work may be required. Three to four times per year there is required overtime for Special Events. Typically these events take place over a weekend period. There may be other overtime required as per the needs of the church and will be scheduled as far in advance as practical.
Non-Exempt, hourly position. A minimum of 4 hours are paid for each shift worked during a rotational weekend and a minimum of 8 hours paid for each shift worked for special events.
Work Environment Situations:
This job takes place in a church and office type setting. Requires interaction with employees, volunteers, & peers.
A High School Diploma is preferred
Music literacy is preferred
Specific Experience Required:
Must be able to originate and lead teams of musicians; be musically literate with proven experience to handle the demands of all aspects of contemporary music team management.
Specific Skills Required:
Must be able to use a computer and interface with Planning Center, as well as various music charting & recording software. Must be a visionary with the ability to move teams toward clearly articulated goals. Must be able to confront conflict both graciously and in a commanding manner.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to physically play an instrument proficiently.
Mostly indoor (temperature controlled) office. Occasionally perform music outside in temperatures ranging from 35º-100º.
Christian Mobile Dental Clinic Dentist
Job Title: Christian Mobile Dental Clinic Dentist
Status: Part-Time Position
Specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Provide direct patient care to include comprehensive clinical assessment, diagnosis and treatment for patients. Prepares, records, and updates detailed patient information such as medical history and clinical notes routinely on all patients.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess, treat and care for all patients served on the Christian Mobile Dental Clinic (CMDC)
- Assists volunteer dental professionals to work effectively in the unit.
- Will provide supervision for the University of Tennessee Dental students as they train in the mobile dental clinic.
- Has a relationship with Jesus Christ, and is an active member of a local Bible-believing church.
PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE AND LICENSURE/REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- DDS or DMD with current licensure to practice dentistry in the state of Tennessee.
- DEA certification required. General practice residency or 1 year experience providing dental patient care required.
- Ability to achieve adjunct faculty member designation within 3 months of hire. Necessary for Thursday – Friday position only.
- Current CPR certification.
- Valid Tennessee driver’s license and access to an automobile required.
- Feel a genuine calling into Dentistry as a mission outreach.
Supervised By: Dental Clinic Program Director
Days/Hours: 1-2 days per week
Compensation Plan: Daily Rate
Contact Person – Jennifer Teed –Director 901-347-5532 or 901-268-6982
Ministerial Assistant positions (Internships)
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Teaching and caretaker responsibilities for children ages 0 to 5 years during church services and 0 to 5th grade for special events.
Specific tasks include:
Follow curriculum prepared by Childcare staff with minimal supervision including:
Working with children on crafts and interacting with them at play time on their eye level.
Part-time – approx. 5 hours weekly. Currently needing workers for evenings and special church wide events.
Specific Experience/Age Required:
Childcare experience required. Must be 16 years of age or older.
Must have good verbal communication skills to interact with parents.
Physical Abilities (Demand Characteristics):
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to physically pick-up children ages 0 to 3 years and change diapers according to childcare department standards.
Other Requirements: Must complete a criminal background check and drug screen.
Working Conditions: Inside temperature controlled environment.
How to apply for employment with Bellevue:
Apply By Mail
Apply by Mail
- Print and complete the Employment Application and mail to:
- Bellevue Baptist Church
2000 Appling Road
Cordova, TN 38016