To protect our Christian witness to a lost world, Bellevue Baptist Church continues its long-standing practice of requiring ceremonies, employee conduct, and facility uses to be in harmony with its doctrinal beliefs as expressed in the Southern Baptist Convention’s most recently adopted statement of faith.
In compliance with Federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Job Title: Coordinator
Major Duties: Administrative support to department supervisor
- Receive phone and email messages
- Maintain notebook created for Special Events
- Verify all time entered into Kronos is complete and correct. Enter time for those that missed punches
- Track Vacation, Sick Time, and bonus time for all employees
- Prepare payroll records for Supervisor approval
- Review all calendar events with Supervisor
- Process hiring packets for department for Supervisor to approve.
- Keep an inventory of needed office products
- Process all invoices after Supervisor approval.
- Maintains employee files, attendance files, and training files
- Reconciliation of Amazon Account
- Pickup and distribute inter office mail
- Normal work week: Monday through Friday
- Normal work hours: 8:15am – 4:30pm
Compensation Plan: Non-Exempt
Safety/Ergonomic Issues: none
Work Environment Situations: Noise level high at times during the day
Education Required: A high school diploma or GED is required.
Certificate/License Required: None
Specific Experience Required: Minimum 2 years full-time administrative support experience required. Time and attendance record keeping experience preferred. Service industry work preferred.
Specific Skills Required: Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills in English. Must be proficient in the use of computers and Kronos software as well as Microsoft Office® applications.
Must be able to sit at a computer & enter data for several hours a day, viewing a monitor for long periods of time. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Working Conditions: Inside temperature controlled office
Hospitality Event Manager (HEM)
Job Title: Hospitality Event Manager (HEM)
The Hospitality team models intentional hospitality and ministry excellence in all aspects of our ministry. As a member of the Hospitality team, the incumbent will be expected to support the efforts of the department even when assignments may fall outside of the job description.
The Hospitality Event Manager will primarily provide direction and serve as a facilitator for all aspects of a wedding. This includes the planning of the rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception. The incumbent may also assist the Director of Hospitality (DOH) plan and coordinate high profile receptions, dinners and other special events. The incumbent will also assist the DOH decorate the church. This will include help in recruitment and management of the decorating volunteer team. As a member of the Hospitality team the HEM will be expected to support the efforts of the department even when assignments may fall outside of the job description.
- Field questions from the general public on Bellevue wedding coordination and protocols.
- Keep up to date the wedding packet, website, and any other information pertaining to BBC weddings. This includes vendor information.
- Assign Wedding Coordinators for each wedding.
- Provide regular communication and support to wedding coordinators and culinary department.
- Schedule and Calendar all weddings
- Conduct facility tours to prospective clients.
- Uphold the protocol and policies for weddings held at Bellevue.
- Serves as facilitator to Wedding Coordinators and internal Bellevue departments. This includes communication, updates, and coordination of services for rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony and reception. This includes required work orders and special requests.
- Make deposits and maintain spreadsheet of names, dates, payments, etc.
- Work with wedding coordinators on wedding request forms and resource items (example: Order of Worship, keys, candelabras, etc.)
- Prepare bride and groom’s rooms for weddings- (straighten room, prepare hospitality stations, etc.)
- Ensure coordinator has all items needed in emergency box.
- Ensure wedding bibles are ordered and signed by Pastor.
- Ensure Coordinators record hours into Kronos before weddings and ensure check requests are made.
- Work with the DOH and Decorations Team in the planning and implementation of seasonal decorations.
- Ensure centerpieces are current and ready for banquets and life group gatherings.
- Work closely with the Event Support Assistant to ensure smooth operation of centerpiece sign-out program.
Supervises: 3 Wedding Coordinators & Volunteers in the Decorating Team.
Co-Workers of this position: 10
Days/Hours: Varies, primarily Monday-Friday. However, occasional weekends may be required for weddings and special events.
Compensation Plan: Part Time, Non-Exempt
Safety/Ergonomic Issues: This job can be physically challenging because of the size of Bellevue.
Work Environment Situations:
- Multi-tasking a must
- Can be stressful at times
- Ability to handle disgruntled people
- Ability to demonstrate a cooperative & supportive relationship with co-workers
- Very active environment
- Limited privacy
- Occasional long work days during weddings or church Special Events.
Education Required: Minimum high school diploma or GED required. Some college level study is preferred, but not mandatory.
Certificate/License Required: None
Specific Experience Required:
- Some event planning experience.
- Some experience in decorating and making floral arrangements.
- Computer experience, including MS Word and Excel.
- Some customer service experience in Hospitality, Retail, etc..
- Bellevue membership and working knowledge of Bellevue Baptist Church, its departments, and its functions is preferred.
Specific Skills Required:
- Knowledge of wedding etiquette
- Organizational skills
- Ability to interact with others – Very good people skills!
- Detailed planning skills
- Knowledge of hospitality skills – Hostessing skills
- Ability to relate to people during a time of stress
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and have good decision making concerning crowd estimates and necessary equipment required to meet the needs of those attending.
- Flexibility concerning last minute changes or plans
- Must be able to walk long distances and stand for lengthy periods of time. Some lifting of boxes and moving of decorations/wedding furnishings up to 50 pounds. Ability to move wedding equipment, etc. and walk the length and back of the church which can add up to a few miles at a time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear
- The employee is frequently required to sit
- The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Working Conditions: Generally, all work is indoors in heat and air controlled environments. Occasionally, outdoor work is required.
Job Title: Software Administrator
Under minimal supervision perform the following primary responsibilities:
- Oversee and maintain the integrity of the Bellevue TouchPoint database and systems that integrate with it
- Manage the New People Manager and step in to help with that job as needed (helping validate new records that are created)
- Add new users to TouchPoint
- Remove user roles when a staff member leaves (responsibility of the staff member over that person to notify the admin to remove their user roles)
- Provide assistance to staff with TouchPoint, encouraging the users to take advantage of the online help and they to submit support requests directly from the Bellevue database to TouchPoint Support when needed
- Provide training for new staff and ongoing training regarding new features as needed
- Perform admin duties relating to the Bellevue TouchPoint database – adding new settings, creating Extra Values, maintaining the Week at a Glance (and other special reports), building custom reports, creating new Programs and/or Division as needed, and other tasks that can only be performed by the Admin user
- Perform the final merge process for duplicate records. The New People Manager does the first part of the process.
- Run batch processes for staff as needed – such as adding new sub-groups to multiple orgs in a batch, adding setting to batches of organizations, etc.
- Perform the finalization of Promotion after the staff have completed their part of the process
- Periodically run searches to clean up records in the database.
- Assist with Search Builder searches to help staff find ‘target’ audiences for mass emails
- Be the point person with TouchPoint support to step in and help if possible when a support request is submitted
- Answer all My Data support requests that come via TouchPoint Support
- Periodically run the Duplicate Finder and send the results to the New People Manager
- End-user computer assistance (consisting mainly of software question & answer)
- Maintain the Church Blog for Bellevue inside TouchPoint.
Under the day-to-day direction of the onsite masterIT Technician, and oversight by the Church Business Administrator, perform the following duties:
- Ticketing software documentation (log, maintain and track all Information Technology Requests)
- Light hardware & printer technical support/troubleshooting
- Light software technical support/troubleshooting
- Work to refresh hardware according to inventory schedule kept by Master IT
- Maintain printer cartridge stock/ordering/return process for all printers in building
- Assist projects as assigned by Church Business Administrator
- Acts as a liaison between users and outside technicians.
- Travels to other Bellevue work sites on an as-needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned by direct Supervisor
Co-Workers of this position – 1 –master-IT Technician
Days/Hours: M-F 8:15 – 4:30; some overtime and weekends as needed
Compensation Plan: Non-Exempt, Salaried (overtime eligible)
Safety/Ergonomic Issues: None
Work Environment Situations: Normal office environment, low noise level, temperature controlled.
Education and/or Experience Required: High School diploma or general education degree (GED). Minimum two years related work experience with technical support responsibilities included. Technical degree a plus. Certificate/License Required: None
Specific Experience Required: Technical customer support experience required. Technical training experience preferred.
Specific Computer Skills Required: Working knowledge of MS Office. Software experience as a user or in a support role preferred. Knowledge of HTML a plus.
This person needs to be totally comfortable with computers, not only for personal use, but also in a work setting. They must be adept at problem solving and learning new applications. This person needs to be able to think critically and logically in order to put together Search Builder searches to help the staff with their needs. This person should be a self-starter, and always be looking for ways to improve and clean up the data. They must be able to read documentation and learn how TouchPoint works and be familiar with its scope. They must be an ongoing learner, so they can keep up with changes that occur in TouchPoint, monitoring the TouchPoint blog and the newsletter and understanding how new features can be applied to Bellevue.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Front of House Utility Worker
Job Title: Front of House Utility Worker
Status: Full Time
Assist crew leader in all duties necessary to prepare department for meals, banquets, meetings, and any event involving culinary ministry including but not limited to food service.
Frequently moving tables, chairs and food service equipment. Set up and break down of rooms requiring specific configurations. Cleaning and preparing utensils, plates, glasses, serving equipment and transport equipment for food service events. Making, transporting and serving multiple batches of coffee and tea. Read and maintain cleanliness and preparedness checklist on daily basis. Read and produce work order requirements specific to each function.
Maintain cleanliness of all areas within culinary department.
Co-Workers of this position:
Will work with 4 FOH staff as well as 4 kitchen staff, culinary coordinator and manager.
Close cooperation and communication with team.
40 hours + Overtime. Work days and nights fluctuate.
Career Growth Opportunities:
Faithful employment leads to opportunities throughout church
Requires heavy lifting, long periods of standing, ability to move unbalanced equipment.
Food safety awareness and handling hot food items and equipment.
Work Environment Situations:
Some long hours required periodically, early start times and variations of temperature from below freezing to high heat. Can be very loud at times and extremely crowded.
Will work closely with church members and volunteers.
High school or equivalent.
Specific Experience Required:
2 years’ experience working in the hospitality industry.
Experience Preferred but Not Required:
Dining Room Captain, Head Server, Banquet Server
Specific Skills Required:
Reading, basic math, communication with coworkers, following specific instructions,
potential problem awareness, consistent repetitive production.
Physical Abilities (Demand Characteristics):
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must stand for long hours on a regular basis and must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Extreme temperature changes from below freezing to high heat. Handling hot equipment and utensils. Frequent exposure to hot water and steam.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Teaching and caretaker responsibilities for children ages 0 to 5 years during church services and 0 to 5th grade for special events.
Specific tasks include:
Follow curriculum prepared by Childcare staff with minimal supervision including:
Working with children on crafts and interacting with them at play time on their eye level.
Part-time – approx. 5 hours weekly. Currently needing workers for evenings and special church wide events.
Specific Experience/Age Required:
Childcare experience required. Must be 16 years of age or older.
Must have good verbal communication skills to interact with parents.
Physical Abilities (Demand Characteristics):
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to physically pick-up children ages 0 to 3 years and change diapers according to childcare department standards.
Other Requirements: Must complete a criminal background check and drug screen.
Working Conditions: Inside temperature controlled environment.
How to apply for employment with Bellevue:
Apply By Mail
Apply by Mail
- Print and complete the Employment Application and mail to:
- Bellevue Baptist Church
2000 Appling Road
Cordova, TN 38016