Fight for Your Family
Last fall, Bellevue launched Fight for Your Family—a tool for families to study biblical truth according to their child’s age. We are thrilled to announce the upcoming release of new content! Here you now have access to age-specific resources.
The why and how of Fight for Your Family
Listen to Mrs. Donna’s encouragement as she spoke at a recent Parent Rally. She speaks to:
- Inspiration from the book of Nehemiah.
- Making Disciples within your family.
- Teaching biblical truth to your kids.
- Enlisting prayer partners.
- Culture’s attempts to intimidate families.
- Social media’s impact.
- How our brains can be renewed.
- Bellevue’s role in your discipleship efforts.
More from Bellevue
WHY IS NOW THE TIME TO "FIGHT"?
- Kids spend so much time online that a new term, “screen discipleship,” has evolved.
- Parents, not screens, should be the primary disciple makers in their kids’ lives (Deuteronomy 6).
- Satan is out to devour by confusing truth and exposing children to immorality and cyberbullying (1 Peter 5:8).
- Discipleship is needed for children to continue to follow Jesus into their adult years.
- A LifeWay study found that kids reading God’s Word produce the most fruit.
- 2,000 Protestant parents ranked the spiritual condition of their young adult children and shared insight about their childhood. Click here to view their feedback regarding things that made a difference. (This resource was provided by LifeWay.)
WHAT "WEAPONS" WILL I RECEIVE?
- Download the Battle Plans above to utilize our easy-to-teach guides on how to explain each biblical truth to your child in an age-appropriate manner.
How can I print off the weekly Battle Plans?
- Using Safari, click into the week you want to print (Week 1: Creation; Week 2: God; etc.).
- Open the curriculum drop downs you would like to print.
- If using a Mac, click File > Print. You can also follow the path File > Save as PDF, and then print the PDF if you would prefer!
how can parents prepare for this 10-week journey?
- First, please register to join us on this journey. Registration ensures that you receive access to each available resource.
- Begin praying now that the heart(s) of your child(ren) will be open to the truth of God’s Word (Proverbs 30:5).
- Schedule one night a week for a family meal for the next 10 weeks.
- Parents, connect in a Life Group. Visit bellevue.org/life-groups to get connected in you are not already!
how can grandparents join the fight?
Grandparents can play two key roles in the spiritual formation of the next generation.
First, do everything possible to help your adult sons or daughters effectively disciple your grandkids. During the 10-weeks of “Fight for Your Family” they will be discussing the “Battle Plan” (biblical content) over a weekly family meal.
- Commit to pray for their discipleship efforts.
- Remind them of how proud you are of their efforts as parents.
- Download/view each week’s “Battle Plan” for awareness of what is being taught.
- Offer help on family meal days such as pick up kids from school or cook the meal.
- Give them a couple of restaurant gift cards for their busier family meal nights.
- Contact them throughout the 10-weeks to ask what they are learning as parents. Be sensitive as to how much interaction your adult son or daughter desires.
- Encourage and reward their efforts by offering to keep the kids so they can enjoy a night/weekend off.
Second, engage your grandchild(ren) during the 10-weeks of “Fight for Your Family”.
- Pray the heart(s) of your grandchild(ren) will be open to the truth of God’s Word (Proverbs 30:5).
- Given permission from the parents, contact your grandchild(ren) in-person or digitally throughout the 10-weeks asking them what they are learning.
- If grandchild(ren) live close by, or with you, consider completing the “Live it Out” section with them.
- Take them out for ice cream and share your testimony.
- Show them your Bible and tell them how you spend time with the Lord.
- Encourage your grandchild(ren) all along the rewarding their steps toward the Lord.
- Create a celebration grandparent event to take place when they complete the 10-weeks.
Although you may or may not be engaged in a vocation business, your “family business” as grandparents is to encourage and support the faith of the next generation. For additional ideas or to be in community with other grandparents, contact Bellevue’s Senior Adult Pastor, Sam McElroy at 901-347-5460.
what ages does this "battle plan" cover?
- Infancy through high school
What if I miss a week?
No worries. Simply pick back up where you left off and start your family’s journey again.
How can I support this in prayer?
Thank you! We would welcome you joining us in praying for this Fight for your Family journey. Take a look at our Fight for your Family Prayer Guide.
Who can I contact with more questions?
- Call Bellevue’s Family Ministry at (901) 347-5751 or email email@example.com.
We are happy to answer your questions and provide assistance. If you’d like to speak with someone over the phone, please call (901) 347-2000. You can also fill out our contact form using the link below.