- Serve as editor for spots, features, and various ministry projects
- Ensure editorial consistency from project to project
- Oversee shared storage usage, maintenance, and best practices
- Develop project standards for setup and team collaboration
- Train volunteers in basic video editing
- Assist with or run video shoots as needed
- All other duties deemed necessary by the direct supervisor to achieve the mission of Bellevue Baptist Church.
Specific Tasks (Frequency-Routine/Variety/Repetitive):
- Edit videos using the highest industry standards
- Develop composites and title graphics
- Collaborate on planning and execution of video projects
- Advise on visual style and edit guidelines team-wide
- Provide notes and feedback to other members of the post team
- Manage Editshare archive and retrieval
- Manage shared projects among multiple editors and collaborators
- Oversee project setup and implement default configurations
- Develop simple training outlines and curriculum
- Teach volunteer training classes
- Serve on shoot crews in various capacities
- Run shoots and b-roll acquisition as needed
Bachelor’s Degree in Video Production, and 3-5 years of experience in a related field or 5-7 years as a professional editor.
Specific Experience Required:
- Excellent theoretical and proven knowledge of editing techniques and application.
- Understands visual balance and composition, especially involving graphics and typesetting.
- Able to take a concept to completion on a limited timeline with rigid deadlines.
- Several years experience with end-to-end video editing, both long and short-form, including multi-cam, audio, and graphics, and a working understanding of animation software.
Specific Skills Required (Read/Write/Math/Decision Maker/Interpersonal/Organization/Planning/Memory):
- Proficient editor who uses efficient, and visually relevant styles.
- Creative on a high-level, able to outline ideas, and able to develop an organized approach to storytelling.
- Excellent reading, writing, and typing skills.
- Organized and a self-starter.
Physical Abilities (Demand Characteristics):
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Supervised By (Title):
Supervisor’s Philosophy (the philosophy of the Supervisor of this position, i.e., Close/Independent/Methods):
Will give direct input when needed, but expected to work independently and proactively on a weekly basis.
Supervises (Number of employees this position supervises):
No direct reports, however leadership in the visual style and production organization of the team is key in this role.
Co-Workers of this position (Number/Team/Individual/Social Interaction Expected):
Works with all media team members.
40 hours per week, typically Monday through Friday, however often expected to work late and weekends as production needs dictate. Especially during peak seasons, and during big productions like The Singing Christmas Tree and CampOutrageous.
Compensation Plan: (Exempt or Non-Exempt)
Career Growth Opportunities:
The opportunity to exists to take on broader oversight of post-production.
Occasional work with heavy equipment, climbing ladders, etc. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Work Environment Situations:
Fast paced, high expectations and deadline driven.
Working Conditions (Temp./Inside/Outside/Height/Damp.):
Mostly standard control room conditions (70 degrees). Work can involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.