K-WOW is a weekly program designed to teach children from Pre-Kindergarten to 3rd grade to worship God in spirit and in truth.
This fall K-WOW is sending out an “SOS” calling our kids to Seek our Savior, Serve our Savior, and Share our Savior through song, prayer, and Biblical truth, reinforcing concepts taught in Sunday Life Groups. Age-suitable experiences in leading worship will grow our kids in ministry excellence as they move toward our Next Gen student choirs. Other Serve In and Serve Out opportunities will encourage the children to impact their world for Jesus.
Children must be 4 years old by August 15, 2018, and will be placed in the same grade they attend for Life Groups. If you have a special situation, please contact the K-WOW Office or 901-347-5577. K-WOW meets on the 2nd floor just off the East Lobby. Register online below or upon arrival. Volunteers will be available to assist you with check-in and/or registration.
Pre-kindergarten and Kindergarten
Check-in at the East Lobby or 2nd Floor Preschool Entrance.
Our PK and K kids learn best by doing! Their worship journey includes praise songs, prayer, games, crafts, music activities, instruments, and plenty of opportunities to move! Each week the Biblical Truth and Scripture memory taught the previous Sunday are reviewed with a special “SOS” application.
Coming November 28, 2018: PK and K kids will lead worship in the Chapel service with “Room Around the Manger.” More details coming soon!
1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade
1st, 2nd, and 3rd Grades
Check-in at the East Lobby or 2nd Floor Children’s Entrance.
Our 1st-3rd Graders kick off each night of K-WOW with Power Up! – an exciting time of worship with Hannah (Tetmeyer) Smith and Children’s Pastor, Ken Hindman!
- After check-in, pick up your colored coded stickers outside E226.
- Sit on the matching colored floor cloth inside E226 to connect with your class.
- Give your extra security check-in sticker to your teacher.
After Power Up! the kids rotate through a variety of Worship Arts activities to help them grow both spiritually and musically and prepare them to lead others in worship.
- Praise songs for personal and corporate worship
- Praise Memory Challenge
- Play It, Make It, and Move It Studios
- Review of Sunday Life Group Bible lesson and Scripture with an “SOS” application
- Games and “SOS” fun
Kids will be in their assigned homeroom classes when K-WOW ends at 7:45 p.m.
Dates to Note:
- Wednesday, October 24 – 3rd Grade leads worship in the Chapel service
- Sunday, November 18 – 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Grades lead worship in the evening service